Judicial Reviews

If a decision made by a public body goes against you, all may not be lost. The expert solicitors at JMW can provide practical advice regarding the possibility of challenging the decision, and we will support you throughout the process of applying for an order for judicial review to give you the very best chance of getting the decision overturned.

Find out more about how the team at JMW can help you and your business to successfully challenge a public body's decision by getting in touch today. We can discuss your situation in greater detail and advise you of the options available to you. Simply call us on 0345 872 6666 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the team will call you back.

Applying for an Order for Judicial Review

A judicial review is conducted in court and sees a judge reviewing the lawfulness of an action taken or decision made by a public body, such as a local council or a government body. It assesses the way in which a decision has been made and evaluates whether the right processes have been followed. Should you feel that a decision made by a public body that affects you has not been reached in the correct way, you may be able to apply for an order for judicial review.  

Judicial review cases can cover a number of areas, including but not limited to:

  • Commercial and procurement
  • Environmental and planning law
  • Professional and regulatory discipline
  • Social and health care

You need to act swiftly following a bad decision that you want to challenge as there are strict timescales to be complied with if your application to challenge a decision by judicial review is to be heard by a court. We are experienced in guiding you every step of the way through the distinct procedures of judicial review.

The outcome we aim for is to have the original decision quashed so that the decision making body has to take the decision again - this time properly. In addition, the mere making of the application for judicial review can set the parties on a course of constructive negotiation. This is another way of achieving our clients' objectives.

If you need advice about challenging a decision of a local council or government body, or any other public body, and would like to know more about how we can help you achieve your aim, get in touch with the expert solicitors at JMW. Our professional and proactive approach will ensure you're properly equipped to get the decision overturned. 

Why Choose JMW?

JMW can provide insightful, practical advice to help you better understand whether you and your business are in a strong position to challenge a decision made by a public body, and we will ensure that you are fully aware of what making such a challenge might entail.

Using our considerable experience and skills in this field, we can act for you in seeking to have the decision quashed by applying for an order for judicial review before the Administrative Court. We will guide you throughout the process, offering support and advice at every turn, giving you the best opportunity to secure the outcome you are after.

Our team can assist with judicial review applications for all manner of clients, including companies, charities and individuals.

Talk to Us

For more information about how we work and how our expert insight and guidance can benefit your business following an unfavourable public body decision, contact us today. Do so by calling us on 0345 872 6666 or by completing our online enquiry form, which will enable us to call you back at a convenient time.

Let us contact you


COVID-19 Update - Our website and phone lines are operating as normal and our teams are on hand to deal with all enquiries. Meetings can be conducted via telephone and video conferencing.

View our Privacy Policy

Areas of Interest