- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Legal Advice for Company Directors
Being a company director is fraught with risk and complexity, particularly when a company is in financial difficulty. Risks include personal liability for debts or losses to the company, director disqualification and criminal prosecutions.
Directors are expected to have high levels of competence and knowledge, and it is important to seek professional advice when required. The experienced team at JMW offers practical, specialist advice to directors or former directors on a wide range of issues, including obligations, responsibilities and liabilities.
How JMW Can Help
The team prides itself on being able to offer clear and concise legal advice for company directors that is suited to your unique requirements. We will provide tailored guidance on your duties and obligations, the options available to you and, if necessary, representation in any court proceedings.
Our services include:
- Advice on company insolvency
- Guarantee and indemnity claims
- HMRC claims against directors related to unpaid tax
- Director disqualification
- Applications for permission to act in relation to disqualification and bankruptcy
- Defending claims by liquidators or administrators
- Personal liability for debts: reuse of company name (s216 claims)
- Breach of duty claims
- Director loan accounts
- Fraud claims
- Boardroom disputes
- Criminal prosecutions
- Director Services Team
Talk to Us
By contacting JMW’s director services team on 0345 872 6666, you can take the first step towards obtaining expert advice and representation. Alternatively, fill in our online enquiry form and we will get back to you.