- Solicitors For Business
- Banking and Finance
- Business Crime
- Business Contract Solicitors
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Immigration Services
- Corporate Insolvency Solicitors
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- HMRC Tax Investigation Services
- Corporate & Professional Regulation
- Real Estate Commercial
- Real Estate Finance
- Sports Law
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Obstetrics & Gynaecology Claims
If a procedure related to obstetrics or gynaecology has been performed incorrectly or you have received the wrong treatment due to a misdiagnosis, our solicitors are here to help you make an obstetrics or gynaecology claim. Both areas significantly overlap and we are highly experienced in dealing with cases of this nature, and our expertise combined with our empathic approach will give you the best opportunity to secure the outcome you deserve if you have suffered malpractice.
Our team understands that injuries of this kind are a sensitive subject, and may be difficult to talk about. This is why we aim to handle all such claims sympathetically and discreetly. If you believe you have suffered unnecessarily due to the negligence of medical professionals, call us on 0800 054 6512 or complete our online enquiry form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible. We handle cases on a no win, no fee basis.
Obstetrics is the branch of health concerned with childbirth, and includes the care of the mother during and for a short time after pregnancy. Women are considered to be at their most vulnerable when pregnant and giving birth, and errors in care can be incredibly damaging to both the mother and baby. Common types of obstetrics claims include:
- Delays in diagnosis and treatment for conditions such as ectopic pregnancy, pregnancy-induced hypertension (PIH) and caesarean
- Problems concerning antenatal care
- Mistakes made during labour and delivery, including the use of forceps and damage to the mother and baby that could have been avoided
- Misinterpreting baby scans resulting in missed abnormalities, including cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, prolapse of umbilical cord and spastic quadriplegia
- The majority of claims are on behalf of a baby, and JMW clinical negligence department is widely recognised as an expert in the field of cerebral palsy.
Gynaecology is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders in the female reproductive system and is related to obstetrics due to the effects clinical negligence errors during pregnancy can have on women. The most common types of gynaecological claims include:
- Failed sterilisation
- Failure to diagnose and treat cancer or an infection
- Substandard surgery, such as pregnancy termination and hysterectomy
If you believe you have suffered medical negligence during childbirth or surgery, you may be able to make a claim for the impact it has had on you and your child. This ranges from loss of earnings and medical care costs to adaptation of the home and compensation for pain and suffering caused.
If a misdiagnosis is made or a procedure performed incorrectly, this malpractice have painful and devastating repercussions for the mother and, in some cases, the baby. At JMW, we are able to deal with a wide range of cases relating to obstetrics and gynaecology by suing the NHS on your behalf. These include:
- Epidural anaesthesia
- Failure of contraception
- Female sterilisation
- Urinary tract damage
- Vesico-vaginal fistula
- Conception and fertility
JMW's team of experienced and approachable solicitors offer free initial advice on claims involving obstetrics and gynaecology. We have vast experience in dealing with claims of this nature, doing so in a sympathetic, sensitive yet determined way, ensuring you receive the support you need and giving you the best chance of securing the right outcome - one that can make a real difference to you and your family. We offer legal representation on a no win, no fee basis.
Our clinical negligence solicitors are highly regarded throughout the UK. We have secured significant amounts for people who have suffered negligence of all types by suing the NHS, and our team comprises members of the Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) solicitor panel and the Law Society's specialist panel for clinical negligence.
We can also help individuals to claim compensation to cover the cost of surrogacy as a result of the negligence endured.