Bar, Pub and Nightclub Accident Claims

Call 0345 872 6666

Bar, Pub and Nightclub Accident Claims

If you have been injured in an accident in a bar, pub or nightclub that was not your fault, whether you are a patron or worker, then you are entitled to make a claim for compensation.

JMW has a team of specialist solicitors with extensive experience and knowledge to help you make a claim against the owner of a public house, bar or nightclub. We will assess your case and advise you on the appropriate action to help you make a successful claim.

To start your claim, contact us on 0345 872 6666, or fill in our online enquiry form and our solicitors will get back to you as soon as possible.

How JMW Can Help

We understand how frustrating it can be to go from enjoying a night out to end up in the hospital with an injury. That’s why our solicitors will do their utmost to help you get back on your feet as soon as possible by assisting you in making a claim for compensation.

The rules surrounding personal injury claims can be complicated, which is why we will explain all technical processes in language that is easy to understand, increasing the chances of a successful claim while reducing stress for you.

Causes of Bar, Pub and Nightclub Accidents

There are many incidents in bars, pubs and nightclubs that could cause accidents for both patrons and employees - more so when you consider alcohol consumption. Common causes include:

  • Drink spillages and broken glass on the floor
  • Poor lighting
  • Cluttered stairways
  • Defective flooring
  • Unsafe furniture

You could also suffer an injury if you’ve been roughly handled by door staff or assaulted by another member of the public. This is classed as a criminal injury and you are entitled to make a claim under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) if you weren’t responsible for the violence. Our solicitors can help you make a claim in this way.

FAQs About Bar, Pub and Nightclub Accident Claims

Who is responsible for bar, pub and nightclub accidents?

The landlord who owns the pub, bar or nightclub has a duty of care to ensure all interior and exterior areas, such as car parks and beer gardens, are well maintained. This means they are obliged to keep patrons and workers safe from harm. However, landlords can sometimes fail to spot or repair something that could potentially cause an accident, which is when you could potentially have the right to claim for compensation.

What should I do after an accident in a pub, bar or nightclub?

If you have been injured in an accident in a pub, bar or nightclub, take the following steps in order to support your claim:

  • Report the accident to a member of staff and ask for it to be recorded in the accident book
  • Collect the details of any witnesses to the accident
  • Photograph the cause of the accident - for example, the area in which you slipped
  • Keep a record of your injuries over time

Talk to Us

If you have suffered an injury in a pub, bar or nightclub due to the negligence of a third party, we can help you take legal action against those responsible. To start a claim, call our solicitors today on 0345 872 6666, or fill in an online enquiry form and we will get back to you.

Endorsed by

Latest Tweets


Latest Blog
Read more
Our Team
Read more