- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Accidents in Shops
If you have had an accident in a shop in the last three years that wasn’t your fault, you will be entitled to compensation. At JMW, we have very experienced solicitors who handle cases every year for people who have suffered injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence while in a store. We are dedicated to getting you the compensation you deserve, and our no win, no fee service means that making a claim with us is a completely risk-free process.
To speak to a solicitor about an injury caused by an accident you have had in a shop through somebody else’s negligence, call us today on 0800 054 6570 or complete our online enquiry form and we will get back to you.
Shops are usually safe places to visit, however, if the owner does not follow health and safety regulations, they can become dangerous for both shoppers and workers. The most common accidents we have come across include:
- Slipping on wet surfaces that should have been cleaned up
- Tripping over stock, packaging and other discarded items
- Being hit by items that have fallen off shelves
- Tripping or falling over defective flooring
Regardless of how you have been injured, if it was a result of an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Shop owners have a duty of care to provide a safe environment for customers and workers. Risk assessments must be carried out to determine hazards in the store and action must be taken to prevent risks causing injury. This may include:
- Placing wet floor signs near spillages until they have been cleared
- Training all employees on relevant health and safety procedures
- Ensuring floors are kept free from obstructions
- Checking and repairing any loose floor tiles or defects
- Making sure all lighting is working
- Checking shelving to ensure it is secure
If a shop owner has failed in their duty to keep you from harm while visiting or working in their store, you are entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Should you suffer an injury in a shop, there are a number of steps you can take to support your claim:
- Seek appropriate medical attention
- Ensure your injuries are properly recorded in the shop’s accident book
- Take the contact details of any witnesses to the accident
- Keep a record of your injuries as they progress
- Hold onto any receipts of expenses incurred
Our specialist lawyers have many years of experience in handling shop accident claims. We understand that having an accident, no matter the level of injury, can leave you shaken and unsettled.
We aim to help you get back to normal as quickly as possible and will do this by getting you the compensation you deserve. This can cover the cost of lost earnings, medical bills and transport expenses, as well as any pain and suffering caused. We will keep you updated with your claim every step of the way and will make sure you feel at ease at all times.