- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Social Media and Sport
Social media is a central part of life and business for the sports industry. It provides direct access to fans and huge opportunities to collaborate with brands and good causes.
Our clients enjoy social media and it makes up an important part of their identity and social life. It forms an important part of any brand, whether relating to an individual or business. However, like anything in life, social media has risks and problems.
JMW’s expert media lawyers are on hand to help your team. We work with organisations, sports stars and celebrities to help them navigate social media’s risks and opportunities, allowing them to focus on their business, career and life.
How JMW Can Help
Our award-winning team is ranked Tier 1 for media law by the leading Legal 500 directory and includes solicitors who have worked with sports organisations.
We can assist with the following:
- Tackling defamatory posts or web content
- Dealing with media, journalists and bloggers
- Online harassment and trolling problems
- Resolving privacy and intrusion threats
- Misuse of your photos or images
- Problems with clubs or governing bodies regarding your posts
- Commercial opportunities linked to social media platforms
We have recently resolved a legal complaint brought by an international footballer concerning online problems.
He said: “Thank you for everything. Appreciate all the help and advice given to me”.
We work with other key contacts when the need arises in order to ensure that all issues are covered. This includes forensic IT experts, specialist sport PRs and barristers.