- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Employment Law Advice for Recruitment Businesses
The recruitment sector is a constantly evolving industry, with legal changes just one area businesses have to keep up with to stay ahead of the market. Our experienced employment law solicitors have specialist expertise in the law affecting recruitment businesses, umbrellas and other organisations that work in the sector. We can assist you in tackling the challenges faced by this niche area of law.
JMW’s expertise in recruitment law if recognised nationally. Paul Chamberlain, Simon Block, Emma James and other members of the specialist recruitment team have specific expertise and knowledge of the sector, having provided advice and support to recruitment businesses for many years.
How JMW Can Help
The team is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA), and also advises or partners with the following organisations:
- The Associations of Labour Providers (ALP)
- The Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCo)
- The Employment Agents Movement (TEAM)
- The Freelancer & Contract Services Association (FCSA)
- The Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)
We are a proactive, responsive and knowledgeable team, and are ready to answer any questions you may have. Our relationship with clients surpasses our competitors as our dedicated solicitors become an extension of your business, helping you to handle any legal matters in a straightforward and pragmatic manner.
The employment law team also works closely with other departments for commercial or personal legal issues that may arise in relation to running a recruitment business. Recent examples include:
- Commercial - advising in connection with drafting terms of business, terms of engagement, neutral/master vendor agreements and service level agreements
- Litigation - injunctions and claims for damages/account of profit in connection with a breach of express and implied duties by directors/employees and a breach of restrictive covenants
- County/High Court claims - in connection with a breach of terms, including ‘transfer fees’ and non-payment of invoices
- Corporate and tax - advising in relation to the acquisition and disposal of recruitment businesses, as well as providing tax advice in relation to the treatment of intermediaries and agencies
- Property - connected property transactions arising from the acquisition/disposal of recruitment business and dealing with the routine property requirements of a trading agency
We have an excellent track record and reputation for anticipating problems and finding solutions quickly and efficiently. Our expertise makes complicated legal matters simple and can reduce the risk of potential issues arising in your business. We can help you with the following:
- Drafting and reviewing terms of business with clients, contracts for services and contracts of employment
- Advising on the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) 2010, including how to deal with Swedish Derogation changes, and representation in AWR claims
- Advising on employment law status issues and reviewing terms alongside tax advisors in readiness for the IR35 changes
- Conducting recruitment business audits
- Advice on drafting restrictive covenants and assisting with enforcement issues
- Advising on the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations
Talk to Us
If you need legal assistance with any employment law matters affecting your recruitment business, contact our expert solicitors today by calling 0345 872 6666 or by filling in our online enquiry form.