Industrial Deafness Claims

If you have worked in a noisy environment and your hearing has suffered as a result, you may be suffering from industrial deafness - also referred to as occupational deafness or noise-induced hearing loss. If that’s the case, you will be entitled to compensation.

JMW’s specialist industrial deafness team has many years' experience successfully claiming compensation for victims of industrial deafness who have not been protected by their employers.

To speak to us about your case, call 0800 054 6570. If you would prefer to contact us online, simply complete our online contact form and let us know your preferred method of communication.

What Our Clients Say

How JMW Can Help

Our goal is to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. We operate under a no win, no fee agreement, meaning that you are able to make a claim free of any financial risk.

We always take a proactive and professional approach to the cases we take on and will always keep you informed as to how your cases is progressing. We have dealt with many cases of this nature and will put your interests first as we proceed to secure you the best possible compensation award.

What is Noise-Induced Hearing Loss?

In industries where heavy machinery is commonly used, such as engineering and mining, workers can be exposed to loud noises for prolonged periods of time. This can lead to a temporary or permanent loss of hearing, or tinnitus.

If you suffer from one of those conditions and believe it is due to exposure to noisy working environments, you should contact a solicitor as soon as possible to get your claim underway.

Signs and Symptoms of Industrial Deafness

If you or your partner are displaying one or more of the following signs, you could be suffering from industrial deafness:

  • A significant reduction in your hearing ability.
  • An inability to keep up in conversations or hear the television clearly.
  • A loss of hearing a few hours after exposure to louder noise.
  • A gradual loss in hearing.
  • A constant buzzing, ringing or whistling in your ears.

If your hearing loss was caused by somebody else's negligence, you may be eligible to make a claim and should contact a legal adviser as soon as possible.


  1. Are My Hearing Problems Due to Industrial Deafness, or Old Age?

    In order to determine the cause of your hearing problems, you will be required to undergo an examination by an independent medical expert. Noise-induced hearing loss has a distinct pattern on an audiogram, so the results of this test will indicate the true cause of your hearing loss.

  2. What Are the Responsibilities of Employers?

    Employers have been aware since 1963 that exposure to noise can cause long-term hearing loss.

    Since 1989, workers have been protected under the Noise at Work Regulations. These regulations tell employers what they must do to keep their employees safe from noisy environments.

    For example, all employers have a duty to undertake a noise assessment in any case where the employee is likely to be exposed to dangerous levels of noise. In addition, they must ensure workers are not exposed to levels of noise of more than 80-85 decibels, and have a duty to provide personal protective equipment to muffle the noise where possible. They are also required to reduce the amount of time for which an employee is exposed to the noise.

    If you think your employer has violated any of your rights under this act, you will be eligible to make a claim.

Talk to Us

At JMW, we have a team of solicitors who are experienced in providing legal advice and support to those with work-related hearing problems. To speak to someone about making a claim, call JMW today on 0800 054 6570. Alternatively, complete our online contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Endorsed by

# # # #

Let us contact you

View our Privacy Policy