- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Farming Accident Claims
If you or a loved one have been injured while working on a farm and the accident was caused by somebody else’s negligence, you are entitled to make a claim for compensation. At JMW, our solicitors have the knowledge and skills required to secure the maximum possible compensation for those injured on a farm.
A working farm is filled with many potential hazards and even the most experienced farmer or farm worker could fall victim to an accident when carrying out their day-to-day duties. Due to the nature of the work and the range of machinery and equipment present, there are a variety of accidents that can occur on a farm. The most common accident scenarios we have encountered include:
- Farm vehicle accidents
- Machinery accidents
- Livestock accidents
- Falls from height
- Injuries caused by chemicals and hazardous materials
- Illness from prolonged work on a farm
- Accidents in a slurry store, pit or silo
- Injuries caused by falling objects
- Repeated exposure to excessive noise levels
- Frequently using vibrating power tools
Like any employers, farmers have a legal responsibility to keep their staff safe from harm. This includes putting measures in place to reduce the chances of an accident happening. Steps that can be taken include:
- Providing suitable health and safety training.
- Ensuring warning signs are on display in hazardous areas.
- Ensuring the right person (and the right number of people) is assigned to each task.
- Maintaining farm vehicles and machinery.
- Providing suitable personal protective equipment.
If you have had an accident on a farm that was caused by the negligence of the farmer, then you are entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Our solicitors can work on cases involving any kind of accident on a farm. The compensation we secure on your behalf will cover medical costs, loss of earnings and any other incurred expenses, as well as provide recompense for the injuries themselves. We will work tirelessly to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible, so you are able to recover from your injuries with the peace of mind that we have your best interests at heart.