Pedestrian Accident Claims

If you have suffered an injury on the road or pavement in an accident that was not your fault, you will be able to make a claim for compensation. Injuries pedestrians may sustain can vary from the very minor to more serious conditions that can have a lasting impact on those involved. Examples of pedestrian injuries we have dealt with before include:

  • Cuts and bruises
  • Broken bones and fractures
  • Head injury
  • Back and spinal injury

Regardless of how you have been injured, if it was caused by somebody else’s negligence, then you can make a claim.

Not only are we able to provide the legal advice you need to recover compensation for your injuries, we will also work to ensure you receive the medical treatment you need to recover from your injuries as soon as possible.

Let our solicitors help you start your claim today by calling 0800 054 6570 or by sending your enquiry via our online contact form.

What Our Clients Say

How JMW Can Help

Our lawyers have helped many pedestrians who have been injured on roads and pavements, outside of collisions with vehicles.

Many of our clients have found themselves injured if pavements and roads are not in a suitable condition, a situation that many individuals may encounter. For example, you may have fallen over a pothole or tripped over a loose pavement tile or uneven kerb stone. It is the local council’s responsibility to ensure streets are maintained to an appropriate standard. If an accident happens and it can be proven that the local authority has failed its duty, then you are entitled to make a claim for compensation.

We’ve also dealt with a number of individuals who’ve been injured as the result of a driver’s negligent actions, and are able to help you if you’ve suffered an injury under such circumstances.

With years of experience helping clients recover compensation after being hit by a car or tripping or falling, we know how to structure a case to give you the best possible chance of success. We will build a robust case on your behalf, whether your injury arose as the result of a vehicle driver’s actions, or negligence on the part of a local authority.

Collette Scott: Video Testimonial

What to Do Following an Accident

Should you be involved in an accident, there are a number of steps you can take to ensure your claim is as strong as it possibly can be. First and foremost, ensure you are removed from any immediate danger and, if your injuries are serious, then you should seek medical attention immediately. If it is safe to do so and you are able to move around easily then you should:

  • Make a note of the name, address and telephone number of any witnesses to the accident.
  • Photograph the scene of the accident if you have a smartphone or camera to hand.
  • Get in touch with the police as soon as possible after the accident so you are able to make an official record of the accident.

Uninsured and Untraced Drivers

In most cases, drivers will share their insurance details with those involved in an accident. However, some drivers may not have insurance or may flee the scene straight away. In these cases, a claim can be made through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB), which is a government organisation that uses drivers’ insurance premiums to pay compensation to victims of road traffic accidents.

Our solicitors are well-versed in dealing with the MIB in order to pursue a claim on a client’s behalf, and will ensure that if your claim is made via the MIB, that you get the maximum possible compensation.

Talk to Us

If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident as a pedestrian and your injuries were caused by somebody else’s negligence, get in touch with our expert solicitors today to discuss your claim. You can either call us on 0800 054 6570 or fill in our online enquiry form and let us know a suitable time to contact you. 

Endorsed by

Let us contact you


COVID-19 Update - Our website and phone lines are operating as normal and our teams are on hand to deal with all enquiries. Meetings can be conducted via telephone and video conferencing.

View our Privacy Policy