JMW and the Spinal Injuries Association (SIA)
JMW is proud to be a partner of the Spinal Injuries Association (SIA), offering wide-ranging support and advice for people with spinal injuries located all over the United Kingdom. Our aim is one with SIA: helping those who have been affected by spinal cord injuries. We understand that sustaining spinal cord injury can be life-changing to individuals, as well as those around them, which is why it requires specialised care with specialists experienced in dealing with such tragedies. By being part of this partnership, our goal remains to do whatever we can to provide assistance on behalf of SCI people’s needs so they may live their best life with whatever support they need.
With years of experience providing excellent results for clients in need, our solicitors are here to guarantee that you get the assistance necessary after experiencing a spinal injury. We understand how complex and difficult this situation can be, so we strive to support you through the legal process and ensure you achieve the best possible outcome legally and for your rehabilitation.
Cathy Leech, the head of the SIA SCI team at JMW, has worked with the SIA for over two decades, helping to shape the partnership between SIA and professionals for the benefit of SCI people and our clients.
If you are suffering from a spinal cord injury, JMW Solicitors will support you every step of the way through the claims process. We have the necessary resources, expertise and experience to handle any legal situation that may arise. From personal injury or medical negligence cases to employment issues or benefits/wills/trusts advice - our team of professionals is in your corner.
For instance, we offer support regarding:
- Personal Injury - Assistance with making a claim when the injury caused was not your fault.
- Medical Negligence - Assistance with making a claim when the injury caused was due to negligence on the part of a medical professional.
- Employment - Assistance with various matters relating to employment law, including making a return to work.
- Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning - Assistance with the correct management of any financial settlement secured as the result of a successful claim.
- Court of Protection - Assistance with the handling of any financial settlement secured wherein an individual is incapable of managing their own financial affairs
- Conveyancing - Assistance in ensuring required property modifications are completed quickly and efficiently.
About the SIA
The SIA is a charity organisation that supports everyone affected by spinal cord injuries (SCI) regardless of age, level of injury or background. With the goal to ensure those with SCI can make the most out of life and reach their goals, they provide an array of services dedicated to building a supportive network for individuals living with paralysis and their families. Take a look at some of the ways in which the SIA has helped people with SCI:
- Nearly 160 life-saving emergency care plans have been created for those affected by SCI
- Specialist nurse advocates to advise and educate individuals and their care staff
- Network support advisors -over 1,400 support sessions were delivered to meet the practical and emotional needs of SCI people
- Specialist SCI Counsellors -69 SCI people were supported through the SIA's free counselling service
- Over 300 connections enabled between SIA members and partner organisations
- JMW are proud to work with SIA as part of the Support Network for the benefit of SCI people
How our relationship with the SIA benefits you
Through our partnership with the SIA, JMW Solicitors strives to make essential legal and financial support accessible to those impacted by a spinal cord injury - whether the injury is partial or complete. We reach out to individuals in need as soon as possible – visiting people in their hospital or home if they prefer. Additionally, we partner with organisations providing helpful advice and resources for these families. It's our mission to ensure everyone affected has access to justice and assistance during this difficult time.
We have a strong bond with the SIA, so if any person affected by spinal cord injury reaches out to us directly, we can facilitate the connection with them and help evaluate what type of assistance they may require. Although we are unable to provide such support ourselves, our partnership allows the SIA to find exactly what is necessary for those in need.
Our goal is to guarantee that any individual we work with who has sustained a spinal cord injury, obtains all available resources to initiate their claim and heal from the incident successfully - support that allows them to live life on their own terms.
Below are some useful links to more information regarding spinal injury and our relationship with the SIA: