- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
If you are involved in a dispute over your workplace pension, the experienced and knowledgeable employment law team here at JMW can help. We have years of experience in making successful claims against employers of all sizes and in all sectors.
The laws relating to pensions in the UK recently changed - all workplaces with at least one employee are legally bound to offer a pension scheme, into which they must make contributions.
Some employees will be automatically enrolled into a workplace pension - if a worker is aged between 22 and the state pension age, working in the UK and earning above £7,475, it is likely that he or she qualifies for automatic enrolment.
There are many ways in which an employer could be in breach of pension law. These can include if they:
- Fail to offer a workplace pension scheme to eligible workers
- Do not contribute the agreed amount into a scheme
- Withhold pension payouts
- Fraudulently take pensions payouts from staff wages
- Do not allow staff to opt out of the scheme
- Significantly delay payouts (which could leave retirees out of pocket following the end of their career)
If you have been left facing financial issues due to the actions of your employer, JMW’s solicitors can help you.
If you are the widow, widower, surviving civil partner or dependant of a member of a company pension scheme and there has been a dispute over your payout, we can also help you to reclaim the money that your loved one paid into their scheme in good faith.