- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Office Accident Claims
If you have been injured in an office through no fault of your own, you will be eligible to make a claim for compensation.
At JMW, our solicitors specialise in helping office workers claim the compensation they deserve for injuries suffered in the workplace. We take claims on a no win, no fee basis, which means there is no financial risk to you. Our lawyers are friendly, approachable and will help you to get the compensation you deserve without confusing you with legal jargon.
If not properly maintained, the office environment can be a dangerous place. Common office accidents include:
- Slipping on spilt liquid and mopped floors.
- Tripping over loose wiring.
- Falling down stairs.
- Back injuries as a result of inadequate lifting and carrying training or poor supervision.
- Falling or tripping in blocked walkways.
- Poor workstation layout leading to conditions such as repetitive strain injury.
- Electric shocks caused by poorly installed equipment and loose connections.
- Asbestos-related diseases (arising in offices located in buildings constructed in the 20th century, when the material was in common usage).
Regardless of how you have been injured by somebody else’s negligence, you are entitled to make a claim. If the resulting injury forced you to take time off work or left you having to pay medical bills, you should contact JMW’s accident at work solicitors to discuss the amount of compensation you may receive.
Employers have a legal duty to ensure that working environments are free from hazards that may cause injury. Risk assessments must be carried out regularly to identify areas for improvement, and employers must take steps to reduce the possibility of an accident happening. Suitable actions include:
- Training all staff on health and safety protocols.
- Providing safe, adequate and undamaged equipment.
- Ensuring workstations are kept clean and tidy.
- Keeping any wiring neatly stored away.
- Using suitable safety signs in high risk areas.
If your employer has failed to fulfill their legal obligations and you are injured as a result, you are entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Why You Should Make a Claim
Making a claim can help you return to the life you had before the accident. Compensation can help to financially support you by covering any time you had to have off work, paying for any necessary medical treatments and rehabilitation services, as well as providing an allowance for any extra care you might receive from family or friends.
Why Choose JMW?
We have provided expert legal advice in personal injury for over 35 years and we have a strong track record of helping to secure compensation for many employees across the UK. We are the ideal law firm to help you pursue your claim.