- Solicitors For Business
- Banking and Finance
- Business Crime
- Business Contract Solicitors
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Immigration Services
- Corporate Insolvency Solicitors
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- HMRC Tax Investigation Services
- Corporate & Professional Regulation
- Real Estate Commercial
- Real Estate Finance
- Sports Law
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Factory Accident Claims
If you have been involved in an accident that was caused by somebody else’s negligence while working in a factory, our specialist personal injury solicitors can help you to claim the compensation you deserve.
Whether your injuries were caused by your employer, supervisor or fellow worker, we will guide you every step of the way throughout the legal process, providing a caring and empathetic service that puts your needs at the heart of everything we do.
What Our Clients Say
How JMW Can Help
We have more than 35 years of experience in handling personal injury cases, including factory accidents, and we deal with claims on a daily basis, helping the victims of negligence to seek the justice and compensation they deserve.
Our specialist team has handled cases involving the following:
- Faulty, poorly maintained machinery
- Chemical spills
- Poor safety precautions that have led to falls from height
- Manual handling, lifting and carrying issues
- Negligently-operated forklift trucks
- A lack of appropriate personal protective equipment
- Mistakes made by fellow employees due to a lack of training
- Being hit by a falling object
- Faulty machinery and equipment
- Exposure to hazardous substances
- Excessive loud noise leading to noise-induced hearing loss
- Slips, trips and falls
Regardless of how you have been injured, you are entitled to make a claim for compensation if your accident was due to somebody else’s negligence.
What is the Duty of Care for an Employer in a Factory?
Your employer has a legal duty to ensure that you are kept safe from harm while at work in a factory. It is their responsibility to ensure that all members of staff are fully trained and competent in their roles so they can carry out work effectively and without endangering others.
Employers are also required to carry out risk assessments to determine areas in the workplace that pose a threat to employee safety, and must take reasonable steps to prevent an accident from happening. Personal protective equipment, such as hard hats, ear protectors and steel-capped boots, must also be provided where necessary.
If your employer has failed to provide a safe working environment, and you are injured as a result, you are entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Why should I claim compensation for a factory accident?
A financial reward will compensate you for the pain and suffering caused by your injuries, and will also help to support you while you are recovering. Compensation can cover the cost of unexpected medical bills, rehabilitation and any required care from family and friends. In addition, compensation will cover any time you have taken off work due to your injury.
What should I do if I have been injured in a factory accident?
If you have been injured while working in a factory, you should gather as much information as possible about the incident while it is still fresh in your mind. You should:
- Log the incident in the workplace accident book
- Ask to see any CCTV evidence of the event
- Keep records of any medical treatment that you required following the incident
- Note down contact details of any eyewitnesses
- Take photographs of the place where the accident took place
- Keep records detailing any expenses that have arisen as a result of your injury
Talk to Us
If you or your loved one have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, JMW Solicitors can help you to claim the compensation to which you are entitled. Contact us today by calling 0800 054 6570 or fill out our online enquiry form and we will be in touch.