- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
JMW and the Child Brain Injury Trust
JMW is proud to be the sole legal support services provider in the North West for the Child Brain Injury Trust. We have supported the charity since 2012 and named it our charity of the year in 2015. Our relationship with the Child Brain Injury Trust means we are able to take a holistic approach to benefit your child's recovery. We have also undertaken various charitable events to raise money for such a great cause.
About the Child Brain Injury Trust
The Child Brain Injury Trust is a charity that provides support to all those affected in the sad event that a child suffers a brain injury, including children, young people, their families and other professionals. It can be a particularly difficult and traumatic time for all concerned, and the Child Brain Injury Trust helps you to better understand and deal with the changes ahead.
Our Relationship and How it Benefits You
The relationship between JMW and the Child Brain Injury Trust is an important one because it exists to benefit those most in need of support - child victims of brain injury and their loved ones. The Legal Support Service provided by JMW ensures that all young people and their families who have been impacted by a child brain injury have access to the necessary legal support as soon as possible.
This support can take many forms, but common examples include:
- Assistance with pursuing a claim for compensation
- Support when it comes to understanding welfare benefit entitlements
- Assistance with the protection and management of any financial settlement secured
- Advice regarding employment and family law rights
As the sole legal services provider in the North West for the Child Brain Injury Trust, we at JMW have made it our objective to ensure any stress regarding legal services is minimised when you and your family is impacted by child brain injury, thus paving the way for you and your children to lead healthy, happy lives, regardless of the tragedy that has befallen you.
This special relationship also means that should a family affected by child brain injury contact us directly, we are able to put them in touch with the regional Child and Family Support Services Coordinator for the charity, who can then discuss with the family any support they have requested that does not fall under our remit.
This support can be wide ranging and can include:
- Benefits advice
- Housing advice
- Help with various school matters
- Emotional support
JMW has the resources, expertise and experience to handle any legal issue confronting a family affected by child brain injury. Whether it concerns a personal injury or clinical negligence claim, or support regarding employment or wills and trusts, our experts are in your corner and will provide the guidance you need every step of the way.
For example, we can provide help with - but not restricted to - the following:
- Personal injury - Assistance with making a claim when the injury caused was not the fault of your child or your family
- Clinical negligence - Assistance with making a claim when the injury caused was due to negligence on the part of a medical professional
- Employment - Assistance with various matters relating to employment law, including parents' rights for taking time off work
- Family - Assistance with various matters relating to family law, including separations and the negotiation of arrangements for children
- Trusts and estate planning - Assistance with the correct management of any financial settlement secured as the result of a successful claim
- Wills - Assistance with creating or adapting your will to ensure your child is adequately provided for
- Court of Protection - Assistance with the handling of any financial settlement secured wherein the victim is incapable of managing their own financial affairs
- Criminal defence - Assistance with criminal issues should the victim of a child brain injury find themselves in trouble with the law due to changes in their behaviour
- Real Estate Residential - Assistance in ensuring required property modifications are completed quickly and efficiently
Our support for the Child Brain Injury Trust has involved the team at JMW holding various fundraising events to raise money for such a great cause. Some of our efforts so far have included:
- Zip slide from the Imperial War Museum
- Participation in the Manchester Marathon
- Participation in the Great North Run
- Black tie comedy dinner
- Pub quiz
- Bake sales
- Themed dress-down days
- Supermarket bag packing
Below are some useful links to more information regarding child brain injury and our relationship with the Child Brain Injury Trust: